Lovely spaces and music that you can sink right into! I wished I could have explored for longer. My favorite area was the open land with the purple sky. Very inviting level design, and interesting story concept.
A downloadable game for Windows
“Kiko” is a single player interactive narrative game for the PC that follows the story of a High School weeaboo (person blindly enamored with japanese culture through manga and anime) teen who encounters a Kiko “fox spirit” sent by the God Inari to help the protagonist understand the difference between respecting and romanticizing Japanese culture.
How to Play:
Use W A S D keys to move around
Use the mouse to click and look around
Alt + Tab to quit the game
Lead Game Designers: Paula Masarweh, Chris Moran
Lead Art Director: Paula Masarweh, Chris Moran
Level Designer: Paula Masarweh, Chris Moran
Illustrative Designer: Viridiana Gallardo
Marketing: Viridiana Gallardo
Sound Designer: Rahmin Tehrani
- Download Windows or Mac version of Kiko
- Extract the zip file by right-clicking on the file and clicking "extract here" or something along those lines
- Open the folder and double click on "Yokai-World.exe" to play the game.
- Adjust the settings if needed, then click Play
- Mac Build UpdatesMay 14, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks Katie! Appreciate your feedback :) Chris would sure be happy to hear you like his level!
This is a very beautiful demo, i loved walking through these locations.